Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rose's Heavenly Cakes has arrived

I truly am delighted and excited to be one of the lucky recipients of Rose Levy Beranbaum's new book Rose's Heavenly Cakes from the site Heavenly Cake Place. http://www.heavenlycakeplace.blogspot.com/ .

Kudos to Marie of Breadbasketcase fame for creating this baking haven. http://breadbasketcase.blogspot.com/

A longtime reader of all things Rose Levy Beranbaum, I love Rose's books not only for her recipes but for the lovely vignettes. If there is one request I could impose upon Rose, it would be "Will you please write an autobiography?"

Truth be told, I am just the tiniest bit nervous joining the intriguing world of Bake Along Blogs. Being a dedicated food bloggie reader, I am more of a baking vicariously through others type, awed by the talent on the web.

This means, of course, I can no longer coast along on Marie's coat tails, reading her baking adventures sitting on the sideline. In my little world it ends the habit of simply reading a new cook book like a work of fiction and instead put it to the use for which it was intended; actually baking the recipes inside. For good measure my eight year old granddaughter has enlisted as my side kick.

But first things first, a nice cup of tea and leisurely stroll through Rose's Heavenly Cakes.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you transition from reader to baker! I am guilty of reader status with alot of my cookbooks, but somehow with Rose's I never end up just reading and looking!

    ReplyDelete