Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Trellis French Roasted Garlic Soup


Soup's on!
The Melting Potters have set sail with
The Trellis French Roasted Garlic Soup 
from 
The Trellis Restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia.
This is an incredibly easy tres chic soup to make.


First garlic is oven roasted in olive oil, salt and pepper.
On the advise of my daughter,
I doubled the amount.
We like garlic in this family.
Meanwhile cream is set over heat to
slowly reduce for an hour and half.
I used part half and half with 
whole milk.
It's plenty rich and creamy.


Vegetables prepped.



Leeks, celery and onions softened in butter.
The garlic cloves are then added in.
This is cooked together for a bit
and the aroma really starts to kick up a notch.
Meanwhile, cubed potatoes are tipped into
stock and brought to the boil.
The vegetables are added and cooked
together with the potatoes.
At this point I got out my immersion blender
and blitzed everything together right in the pan
instead of pulsing in a food processor. 


Blitzed again with the addition of the reduced milk,
 and seasonings adjusted.
Rose instructs to strain the soup but
we like texture so I left it rustic.
It is still very silky.


What fun to cook from Rose's book
that has been sitting on my shelf forever!
I've never roasted garlic before or used leeks
so already I've learned something new.
~
by
Rose Levy Beranbaum







3 comments:

  1. Well done, it looks delicious and creamy! I can't wait until I'm off the no-dairy diet so I can make it again with double garlic. This cook-along is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love garlic, especially roasted garlic. Leeks and potatoes are a classic together.

    ReplyDelete