Monday, April 6, 2015

Strawberry Shortcake Genoise


Ta Da!


This recipe wore me out because I was already worn out.  Might be the dawning of  The Age of Aquarius, or holiday.   But it's done and it's good even if I just now discovered the smashed strawberries that were supposed to be turned into puree sitting in the refrigerator.  Oh, well,  they weren't missed and good for  yogurt!  I will say this, the genoise turned out okay and that's always half the battle for me.  The left over strawberry syrup made it even better poured on the plate.





10 comments:

  1. Looks mouthwatering! Is that strawberry syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan! I'm just glad it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Vicki!

    Good idea to put the strawberries on top of the cream.

    I tipped my left over syrup out - although I was probably a bit heavy handed with the Cointreau...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it's all over as well Vicki, no good being worn out while making genoise. Parallel universes exist, just look at our cakes! I like the syrup under the cake, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is well that ends well. The final slice looks moist and luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That slice looks awesome. I can see myself soaking up the strawberry juices with the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love the cake sitting in strawberry syrup. I thought it probably didn't need the purée anyway, although it was nice.

    ReplyDelete