Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Mango Bango Cheesecake


Rose's Mango Bango Cheesecake
is really simple to bake 
once the ingredients are in hand.
Oddly enough, 
it was the full fat
Greek yogurt 
which was difficult to find.
Non-fat was everywhere.
Hunting down the canned
mango pulp from India
took me on a
fun journey.
I had no idea very near
to my house is an
excellent Indian grocery.


Vegetables I'd never seen before
but have probably eaten.
We love Indian food
in my family.



There was everything in this shop.


Rows of pulses


Packets of ready to make deliciousness.


Cooking pots, pans, utensils of 
all sorts.


Jewelry to go with sari's


The owner was so much fun
and completely amused
when I asked 
if he could have
cooking lessons in the store?


Indian DVD's and medicine galore.
The freezer 
was packed with amazing ice cream flavors,
desserts and candy of all sorts,
and everything else under the sun.


This is all I bought.


Mangoes from India sweetened with sugar.


Mis en place


First off prepping the pan
with Ladyfingers
and 
pulverizing the rest 
into crumbs
to fill in the space.


Onto the filling;
reduced 
mango pulp 
and while 
cooling mixed up
the filling.
Egg yolks, sugar, cream cheese,
yogurt, lime juice, vanilla, salt, cardamom
and the
Greek Yogurt.


Half the batter is poured over
the Ladyfingers
with dollops of the 
reduced mango pulp
whisked in.
The rest of the batter
is poured 
and again,
the reduced mango pulp
swirled into the batter. 


Hours of resting and chilling later,
a thickened mango sauce
is poured over the cold
cheesecake.


Voila!
Foil held and the springform
pan released.


This is mango heaven
on a fork!
~
by 
Rose Levy Beranbaum




































7 comments:

  1. Oh my your mango bango cheesecake looks luscious and thank you for the tour of your Indian grocery store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me hungry. Just beautiful! Looks so creamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful and so smooth and creamy! Now I want to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so creamy and tasty!! Love your swirls as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cheesecake looks extra mango-y and delicious. I can't believe that row of pulses. I love those kinds of shops where there are lots of mysterious things you have no idea what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, your Mango Bango Cheesecake looks good, I had to find an Indian food store too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love going to different cultures stores, I always fascinated with the food and the rest. great post and your cheesecake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete