Monday, April 4, 2011

Karmel Cake

Photobucket

Down to the last of Rose's Heavenly Cakes and this Karmel cake is simplicity itself.  That must have been why I forgot to add the vanilla.  No matter, it was quite good and the next time, I'm sure it will be even better with vanilla.  I was surprised the flavor was as mild as it was.  If there was a way to ramp it up even more, I'd definitely go for it.  Leftover chocolate caramel ganache in the freezer seemed like a good idea but the cake is probably too mild for it.  The Haagen Daz Dulce de Leche on the other hand complimented it perfectly.  I remember reading in one of Rose's books that ice cream is essentially custard so  it can be melted and warmed for a sauce.  Perfect blend as it melted over a slice of cake.  Microwaved until a warm puddle, it was even better poured over a slice.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Yums! hmm..now i'm tempted to bake this tonight despite having tons of left over cake scraps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cream is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shape of your cake, very spring. I never thought about melting ice cream and using it as a sauce. What a delicious idea! I am baking my Karmel cake today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vicki, that slice with the ganache and the oozing ice cream looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking poles sound so much better then treadmilling. At least you would be outdoors with the walking poles. We just bought 2 pairs of poles at Costco so maybe I'll get my wish =).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, It looks so good. I didn't love the cake, but maybe with the ice cream I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete