Saturday, April 16, 2011

ABC Zebra Cookies

Photobucket

ABC made Flo Braker's Zebra Cookies.  Her method called for stacking the dough and cutting into triangles.I've often wanted to make candy cane cookies for the holidays and figured this would be a good time to try twisting two doughs together to see what it's like.  My eldest granddaughter and I had a lot of fun rolling the dough into logs.  I loved Flo's suggestion of saving the tubes from plastic wrap to store the tubes in while they are chilling to retain a round shape.

After reading the other ABC bakers experience with these cookies, I decided to substitute almond extract and reduce the amount of cocoa powder.  The flavors played well off each other.  It is such an easy recipe to make that it will definitely be made again, next time with peppermint extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment