Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chocolate Velvet Fudge Cake


Rose's Chocolate Velvet Fudge Cake is an incredibly light crumbed bundt cake.  It was very easy to make.  The hardest part was waiting an hour for it to cool.  I wish I had pulled it out of the oven a few minutes early.  It didn't burn but the top, which became the bottom, was a bit too done.  No one complained and I was probably the only one that noticed. 


The cocoa powder was a mix of Green & Blacks and Valrohna.  It was interesting to see how much darker the Valrohna was compared to the Green &Blacks.  This is definitely one of those quick go to cakes, perfect for any occasion.   

7 comments:

  1. ב''ה

    I agree the cake was a real snap to make. Thanks for the Hanukkah wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the lightest cake, wasn't it?

    I smuggled glaceed fruit into the country. Shopping for dark rum tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bundt cake turned out so full and perfect looking. Thank you for all your wonderful comments too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looked like it tasted just great. I used just G&B and it was very fudgey. I wonder if it would have been more chocolatey with mixture of the two/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake has such a nice crumb!! I'm glad it was a hit. I made it last year and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good. I love the close up shot, I can see the crumbs!

    ReplyDelete