Monday, December 5, 2016

Luxury Chocolate Buttercrunch Toffee


This is the last new recipe 
are making.
It was an uphill
battle for me
getting here.
I felt like the tail end runner
in a marathon 
that had to be carried across the finish line.


Lucky for me
I had a sous chef
who even made breakfast.

"I'll make you breakfast whenever I'm here
because grandpa isn't here to cook for you."


She's been baking along
with the Alpha Bakers/Heavenly Cake days
since she was three
and could scoot a chair up to the counter.


After stirring the toffee mixture
she decided
to add a 
saucier pan to the top
of her Christmas wish list.

First Thanksgiving apple pie


Baking can be lonely.
Having a child in the kitchen
always makes things lively.
Her younger sister
has dibs on
being here for the
Kouigns Amann 
finale.

This toffee is good.
It took a long time to reach the correct temperature.
I forgot the last step to put in the vanilla and baking soda.
Thankfully sous chef can read well
and caught my mistake.

I only topped it with chocolate and nuts.
Rose calls for also coating the bottom.
It truly is luxurious and buttery.
~
by
Rose Levy Beranbaum























4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, loved seeing and hearing about you and your granddaughters journey. Teared up at "I'll make you breakfast whenever I'm here because grandpa isn't here to cook for you." xx ps gorgeous apple pie too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grand-daughter so sweet. I love that she even made you breakfast, and said such sweet words to you. I noticed too that she has grown quite a lot. Time flies! She has such beautiful curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what a wonderful post this is. It includes and the words and emotions. You are so brave and talented, a supreme example to all of us. And your angel grandchild growing so quickly and such a beauty. Her hair looks spun!

    ReplyDelete