Thursday, November 26, 2015

Pumpkin Pecan Pie


Happy Thanksgiving!
Rose's Pumpkin Pecan Pie
is literally two pies in one
and already garnering rave reviews.
I wasn't sure about the step of cooking
the pumpkin mixture first but
it's brilliant.
It takes the pumpkin and spices to a deeper depth
of flavor while reducing moisture
from the canned pumpkin.
I like it so much I'm making a plain pumpkin pie
today by this method.
I was too tired to go across town and buy a
deep dish pie pan at William Sonoma
so used a springform pan instead.
It worked but the dough did slip
down, as Rose warned.



My son, 
who doesn't care for pecan pie,
wanted to know what the caramel layer was.
"Pecan pie."
"But this is so freaking good and I don't like pecan pie."

Ah, the miracle of muscavado sugar and Lyle's Golden Syrup!
I don't do Black Friday sales 
but for a deep dish pie pan, I'll be off and elbowing
my way through the crowds.
This is a repeat recipe.
~
by
Rose Levy Beranbaum


4 comments:

  1. when one writes "bibles" she especially appreciates converts!!! beautiful job Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Vicki!! Glad your family enjoyed the pie! Your pie looks lovely! Looks great with dollop of whipped cream on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great recipe. I loved it too. Your pie seemed to have just the right texture. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete