Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tiramisu

Photobucket

My son turned thirty and for his birthday celebration I made Rose's Tiramisu.  It was easier than I thought.

Tiramisu is top on my list of desserts to try at Italian restaurants.  I have only attempted to make it once and it was a dismal failure.  It resembled more of a brick than a light dessert.  Rose's recipe surprised me with the addition of Marsala instead of rum but I liked the flavor very much.  I also like how it's added to the egg yolks while cooking so the alcohol cooks out.

I did not bake the Ladyfingers, although I still plan on giving them a try.  I was short on time and knew it was either the packaged version or it was not going to make the party.  As it was it didn't get the full six hours chill time but it was still very good.  It's even better setting over night.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Vicki, it looks awesome and yummy! Btw, are you done with the book? If I'm counting right you are done by now or have 1 left. Please let me know so I can announce it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groom's Cake! I forgot about that one! Shoot, have to add that to the list.

    Btw Vicki, I bought variety peppercorn the other day (black, white, red) and roasted them on the pan like you said! Tasted so much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tiramisu looks delicious! In the past I've baked a half sheet of Biscuit de Savoie and cut it in half for an approximate 9x13 tiramisu. much easier than ladyfingers!

    Your son is very lucky to get such a decadent cake for his birthday! Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ב''ה

    Are you really done? ...

    Congrats?

    Wow wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tiramisu looks delicious!! And congratulations on finishing the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous!! Is Masala a wine? White wine? I have no idea! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki - I miss seeing posts from you! (Are you on facebook?) I'm thinking about making this for my free choice next week.

    ReplyDelete