Sunday, May 8, 2011

White Velvet Cupcakes

Photobucket

Making cupcakes vexes me.  No matter what I do they always come out browned on the bottom.  Making them equal in size is tricky as well.  White Velvet Cupcakes was an easy recipe to make.  I finally figured out to place the batter in the paper cups then lift them one at a time out of the pan and weigh them.  Very easy to adjust the weight.  So is there a trick that I don't know about to keep them from browning on the bottom?

Making the Golden Neoclassic Buttercream was probably the easiest time I've had making a buttercream.  I halved the recipe which was a snap doing it by weight.  Eighty three cakes later and I've finally got the hang of using a scale.  I opted for flavoring it with lemon oil and it gave it a faint lemony taste.  This is a lovely little recipe to have on hand when cupcakes are called for.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. my cupcakes were browned on the bottom too, but i left them in the oven for too long. maybe place your cupcake pan on a sheet pan for insulation?

    also, is your scale big enough that you can place the whole cupcake pan on the scale? then you can fill one cup to 50g, tare out the scale, then fill the next cup. it goes a little faster that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Looks great! I know..cos ive made it a couple of times and it's one of my fave recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use an old ice cream scoop that has the wire thing to clear the batter, like a cookie scoop but larger. It works every time for them to come out even. I know they make cookie scoops larger and you can find them at the restaurant supply stores. Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete