Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple Dipping and Salty Caramel Video



                                                      

I always thought McDonald's had gone round the bend offering Apple Dippers in kids Happy Meals, but they were spot on.  Simply Recipes caramel sauce is exquisite with Honey Crisp Apples.

Three ingredients, sugar, butter and heavy whipping cream mix together easily.  The instructions offered the choice of adding water, which I did, because liquid sugar sounded just plain scary and fraught with the possibility of smoke inhalation.


Evidently Elise, the creator of Simply Recipes, is also a fan of Ginger Elizabeth's  chocolate and linked this great video of Ginger making her very popular Salty Caramels.  This  of course, instigated encouraged me  to pilfer through the Dove baking chocolate stash in the cupboard, drizzle this golden deliciousness over a square or two or five, and faintly sprinkle sea salt.  Okay, they may have made their way onto a pumpkin pancake as well.




4 comments:

  1. love that last photo! makes me want to lick the caramel off the spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Vicki. I love caramel sauce. My standby recipe uses brown sugar, butter and cream (boiled for only a couple minutes). Yours sounds better. And although I love honeycrisp apples, I like to eat Granny Smith apples with caramel sauce, to get that sour-to-sweet contrast :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,

    Oh my goodness, I don't know how I missed this post. I could bathe in that caramel!!! Now I'm hungry!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete