Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Apricot Almond Berry Buckle



This is my first recipe with the ABC group baking from Flo Braker's book, Baking for All Occasions.  It was this recipe which made me want to join Hanaa's  bake along.  Flo's book is chokablock full of delightful recipes.

The local apricot season already ended and those in the store looked pretty dismal.  Hanaa suggested using canned apricots which were surprisingly tasty.  For the berries I used a mix of  marionberries, blackberries and raspberries. The almond topping was reminiscent of a chewy Italian cookie.  It was such an easy recipe to mix up and a big hit with the family.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Vicki, this looks wonderful. I love anything with almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! I have yet to bake the chocolate cake for the next ABC post..:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful, Vicki. Love the slivered almonds on top and the colorful fruits inside. Great choice of berry mix too. I'm jealous of your marionberries :o)

    I will go update my Buckle post right now and add a link to this yours :o)

    ReplyDelete