Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolate Apricot Roll Eureka!
















My curiosity kicked into gear trying to figure out how to magnify the apricot flavor in the Chocolate Apricot Roll with Lacquer Glaze. Taking a bit of orange zest I softened it in warm Apricot Brandy and water, then added Levkar. Spooning the warm sauce over a slice brought out all the flavors in the cake. It's a delicious juxposition; cool cake with warm sauce, slightly heating the delectable chocolate ganache and lacquer. Finally I got the apricot intensity I prefer. This cake is very good after all which makes me happy after dipping into my prized stash of Valrohna cocoa powder to make the lacquer. Eldest granddaughter keeps snitching little spoonfuls from the chocolate puddle on the platter. And she doesn't like dark chocolate!

4 comments:

  1. Yum, orange zest and apricots. Yep, that works for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your apricot brandy looks so good in dark bottle and not too huge a bottle..and finally found Great idea with the orange zest. :)

    ReplyDelete